Find the restaurants seen on TV.
TVFoodMaps was actually an offshoot of a more complex app that tried to provide personalized restaurant suggestions. A gimmick to draw some attention we realized that our list of restaurants featured on popular food TV shows like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives was really a hit, so we doubled down and created TVFoodMaps. This was way back in 2011 and the site has been going strong ever since.
- Over 5000 Restaurants featured on TV from over 50 shows.
- Search by location or name
- Filter by shows, costs and other attributes
- Search via maps
- Track restaurants you want to go to and have tried
- Over 140,000,000 page views since its start.
- $500,000 in revenue generated (mostly Ads and app sales)
- Running on AWS/ECS
- SpringBoot based Java services
- ElasticSearch for Search
- OpenAI for data cleanup
- Ad based monetization via Ezoic (previously Adsense)